Toby from The Fox & Pheasant in Chelsea has shared with us the pub's famous Espresso Martini recipe....
Toby says... "For those with an espresso machine at home looking for more than just a caffeine hit then give an Espresso Martini a go. They are super simple to make and are usually a recipe for a fun (if not always an entirely, perfectly memorable evening)!"
Don't necessarily wait for the end of an evening to tuck in - it perhaps makes more sense to kick start your lockdown "big night in" with a pick me up like this. Remember too, you can always make them with decaf coffee to soften the blow...
INGREDIENTS for one cocktail:
- 1 x 50ml vodka;
- 1 x 25ml coffee liqueur (we use Tosolini Express Liqueur but Kahlúa does the same job);
- 1 x 50ml strong espresso (you want to pack the coffee in a bit here resulting in a lovely, thick brown crema on top).
The above is all you need although some might add 15ml of sugar syrup to taste (easily made with white sugar cubes and boiling water at a ratio of 60/40).
If you have martini glasses then you can chill with iced water but wine glasses or tumblers are totally acceptable during a pandemic.
You will need a cocktail shaker (really doesn't matter what kind). Ideally you would double strain with a Hawthorne strainer into a fine mesh strainer for the most effective, layered and aesthetically pleasing finish but again compromises in times like these might have to be taken into consideration in which case shake and pour baby!
- Fill shaker with ice cubes;
- Add ingredients with coffee being the last;
- Shake like crazy!!! The harder you shake the better!
- Pour into glass and garnish with coffee bean or chocolate powder.
(2 cocktails per shaker advised - 3 gets messy)
Enjoy and send us pics of your shaking faces!
To read more about The Fox & Pheasant and discover its Directory discount click HERE